21 March 2009

Current works, Vinyl search, Europe booking

Current Works.

A few collaborations. Aun, Yellow6, .cut & Emmanuel Tremblay, Christy Romanick, and more that I probably forget. I am also working a couple of film soundtracks/scores. A few albums at the time, different themes. Remixes for Elika and Auburn Lull for their upcoming split, released by TQA(R). However I am trying not to rush into things. That's always a recipe for disaster. I am trying to maintain my personal quality standards, as there is nothing worse than not being satisfied with one's own work for the sake of putting things out there.

A lot of shows are being planned, locally... I try not to play too often, but I am always offered to play on some great bills that I just don't have a choice but to give in and accept the gig. So fuck it if people think I play too often, they are all different bands with different crowds anyway. Good for visibility, and I don't believe in the whole "tiring your audience" thing. Besides, there is always something different in my sets or my visuals if anyone cares that much. I am really excited to play with Romance of Young Tigers, Exhaust/ex-GY!BE's drummer Aidan Girt's band Please Don't Put Charles On The Money, Dora Bleu, Junius, Mark Templeton, Animal Hospital, Lineland & the whole Sunday Afternoon Drones line-up... Also excited to play a collaborative noise set with Maggot Breeder at the next Sunday Punk Matinée at the Cove.

Last but not least, my new collaborative project with Aun & Maggot Breeder will be called "GHIDRAH", it was stemmed from the tag-team set that we did back in November at the LFH show. We hope it to grow into a full-on project.

++

Vinyl Treatment.

If there are any label out there who thinks that Unconquered and/or Blackhaunter deserve a vinyl treatment, please get in touch. Alternatively, if there are any labels out there who want to put out any kind of TQA vinyl, be it 7", 10", 12"... also please get in touch, as I have been buying more and more vinyls over the past few years, and I feel like this is the next step I'd like to take, even more so than releasing a new CD/digital album.

++

European Tour.

Booking still on-going, all shows with Nadja or Aidan Baker. So far, 3 dates in Italy, 2 in France, 2 in Holland, 2 in Germany, 2 in Poland.

We still need help for Poland, especially Warsaw & Poznan (June 18-19). Also it would be nice to have something in Belgium or Luxembourg (for June 9). Also anywhere south of Germany, such as Munich, Nuremberg, Stuttgart or Switzerland (for June 3-4). Those are pretty much the holes to fill, please get in touch if you can help!

No comments: